- For useful general information on funding, please visit the Funding Central website. Also, the Focus on Funding site has some good information, including model documents & policies you will need to access funding. Fit 4 Funding, by the Charities Information Bureau, is another good site to investigate.
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council also feature funding opportunities on their website. A .pdf document featuring current opportunities can be found here – http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/Lists/DownloadableDocuments/Funding-Opportunities.pdf.
Funding Support & Advice Service
There are 4 elements to the Funding Support & Advice Service: -
1. Information Dissemination
- The Funding News Service provides more specific and up-to-date information.
- The Funding News Service is free of charge to registered subscribers.
2. Finding Finance
As part of our Transforming Local Infrastructure programme, CVS aims to ensure that sustainable finance is available for local charities.
3. Advising Grant Applicants
Advice is provided to grant applicants free of charge on:-
- Sources of grant finance
- How to fill in the application form
- Improvements to the draft application form
Training is generally provided as part of the capacity building programme for the area. The main topics covered are:-
- Preparing for Support – group organisation and project planning
- Looking for Funding – sources of grant and how to identify them
- Submitting Good Applications – what funders want and how to present it